Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Northern (a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans)
- S: (adj) northern (in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line) "Northern liberals"; "northern industry"; "northern cities"
- S: (adj) northerly, northern (situated in or oriented toward the north) "the northern suburbs"; "going in a northerly direction"
- S: (adj) northerly, northern (coming from the north; used especially of wind) "the north wind doth blow"; "a northern snowstorm"; "the winds are northerly"
- S: (adj) northern (situated in or coming from regions of the north) "the northern hemisphere"; "northern autumn colors"