Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) noise (sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound)) "he enjoyed the street noises"; "they heard indistinct noises of people talking"; "during the firework display that ended the gala the noise reached 98 decibels"
- S: (n) noise, dissonance, racket (the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality; sound that is a disagreeable auditory experience) "modern music is just noise to me"
- S: (n) noise, interference, disturbance (electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication)
- S: (n) noise (a loud outcry of protest or complaint) "the announcement of the election recount caused a lot of noise"; "whatever it was he didn't like it and he was going to let them know by making as loud a noise as he could"
- S: (n) noise (incomprehensibility resulting from irrelevant information or meaningless facts or remarks) "all the noise in his speech concealed the fact that he didn't have anything to say"
- S: (n) randomness, haphazardness, stochasticity, noise (the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan)