Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) nod (a sign of assent or salutation or command)
- S: (n) nod (the act of nodding the head)
- S: (v) nod (express or signify by nodding) "He nodded his approval"
- S: (v) nod (lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation) "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- S: (v) nod (let the head fall forward through drowsiness) "The old man was nodding in his chair"
- S: (v) nod (sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion) "the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
- S: (v) nod (be almost asleep) "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"