Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) night, nighttime, dark (the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside)
- S: (n) night (a period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom)
- S: (n) night (the period spent sleeping) "I had a restless night"
- S: (n) night (the dark part of the diurnal cycle considered a time unit) "three nights later he collapsed"
- S: (n) night (darkness) "it vanished into the night"
- S: (n) night (a shortening of nightfall) "they worked from morning to night"
- S: (n) night (the time between sunset and midnight) "he watched television every night"
- S: (n) Nox, Night (Roman goddess of night; daughter of Erebus; counterpart of Greek Nyx)