Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) following, next (immediately following in time or order) "the following day"; "next in line"; "the next president"; "the next item on the list"
- S: (adj) adjacent, next, side by side (nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space) "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side"
- S: (adj) future, next, succeeding ((of elected officers) elected but not yet serving) "our next president"
- S: (adj) next ((of a day of the week) nearest (or nearest but one) after the present moment) "not this Saturday, next Saturday"; "on Tuesday next"
- S: (adv) next (at the time or occasion immediately following) "next the doctor examined his back"