Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) nature (the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized) "it is the nature of fire to burn"; "the true nature of jealousy"
- S: (n) nature (a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe) "the laws of nature"; "nature has seen to it that men are stronger than women"
- S: (n) nature (the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.) "they tried to preserve nature as they found it"
- S: (n) nature (the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a person's characteristic actions and reactions) "it is his nature to help others"
- S: (n) nature (a particular type of thing) "problems of this type are very difficult to solve"; "he's interested in trains and things of that nature"; "matters of a personal nature"