Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) muscle, musculus (one of the contractile organs of the body)
- S: (n) muscle, muscular tissue (animal tissue consisting predominantly of contractile cells)
- S: (n) muscleman, muscle (a bully employed as a thug or bodyguard) "the drug lord had his muscleman to protect him"
- S: (n) muscle (authority or power or force (especially when used in a coercive way)) "the senators used their muscle to get the party leader to resign"
- S: (n) brawn, brawniness, muscle, muscularity, sinew, heftiness (possessing muscular strength)
- S: (v) muscle (make one's way by force) "He muscled his way into the office"