Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mouth, oral cavity, oral fissure, rima oris (the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge) "he stuffed his mouth with candy"
- S: (n) mouth (the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening) "she wiped lipstick from her mouth"
- S: (n) mouth (an opening that resembles a mouth (as of a cave or a gorge)) "he rode into the mouth of the canyon"; "they built a fire at the mouth of the cave"
- S: (n) mouth (the point where a stream issues into a larger body of water) "New York is at the mouth of the Hudson"
- S: (n) mouth (a person conceived as a consumer of food) "he has four mouths to feed"
- S: (n) mouthpiece, mouth (a spokesperson (as a lawyer))
- S: (n) sass, sassing, backtalk, back talk, lip, mouth (an impudent or insolent rejoinder) "don't give me any of your sass"
- S: (n) mouth (the opening of a jar or bottle) "the jar had a wide mouth"
- S: (v) talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise (express in speech) "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- S: (v) mouth (articulate silently; form words with the lips only) "She mouthed a swear word"
- S: (v) mouth (touch with the mouth)