Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cast, mold, mould, stamp (the distinctive form in which a thing is made) "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- S: (n) mold, mould, cast (container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens)
- S: (n) mold, mould (loose soil rich in organic matter)
- S: (n) mildew, mold, mould (the process of becoming mildewed)
- S: (n) mold, mould (a fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter)
- S: (n) mold, mould (a dish or dessert that is formed in or on a mold) "a lobster mold"; "a gelatin dessert made in a mold"
- S: (n) mold, mould (a distinctive nature, character, or type) "a leader in the mold of her predecessors"
- S: (n) mold, mould, molding, moulding, modeling, clay sculpture (sculpture produced by molding)
- S: (v) model, mold, mould (form in clay, wax, etc) "model a head with clay"
- S: (v) mold, mildew (become moldy; spoil due to humidity) "The furniture molded in the old house"
- S: (v) cast, mold, mould (form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold) "cast a bronze sculpture"
- S: (v) shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge (make something, usually for a specific function) "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- S: (v) mold (fit tightly, follow the contours of) "The dress molds her beautiful figure"
- S: (v) determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate (shape or influence; give direction to) "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"