Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) modest (marked by simplicity; having a humble opinion of yourself) "a modest apartment"; "too modest to wear his medals"
- S: (adj) modest, small (not large but sufficient in size or amount) "a modest salary"; "modest inflation"; "helped in my own small way"
- S: (adj) modest (free from pomp or affectation) "comfortable but modest cottages"; "a simple rectangular brick building"; "a simple man with simple tastes"
- S: (adj) modest (not offensive to sexual mores in conduct or appearance) "a modest neckline in her dress covered her up to her collarbone"
- S: (adj) humble, low, lowly, modest, small (low or inferior in station or quality) "a humble cottage"; "a lowly parish priest"; "a modest man of the people"; "small beginnings"
- S: (adj) meek, mild, modest (humble in spirit or manner; suggesting retiring mildness or even cowed submissiveness) "meek and self-effacing"
- S: (adj) minor, modest, small, small-scale, pocket-size, pocket-sized (relatively moderate, limited, or small) "a small business"; "a newspaper with a modest circulation"; "small-scale plans"; "a pocket-size country"