Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mention, reference (a remark that calls attention to something or someone) "she made frequent mention of her promotion"; "there was no mention of it"; "the speaker made several references to his wife"
- S: (n) citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation (a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage) "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- S: (n) mention, honorable mention (an official recognition of merit) "although he didn't win the prize he did get special mention"
- S: (v) mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer (make reference to) "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- S: (v) note, observe, mention, remark (make mention of) "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- S: (v) mention, cite (commend) "he was cited for his outstanding achievements"