Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) medium (a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information)
- S: (n) medium (the surrounding environment) "fish require an aqueous medium"
- S: (n) medium (an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication)
- S: (n) culture medium, medium ((bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms)
- S: (n) medium (a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter)
- S: (n) medium ((biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed)
- S: (n) medium (an intervening substance through which something is achieved) "the dissolving medium is called a solvent"
- S: (n) medium (a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position) "a happy medium"
- S: (n) medium, spiritualist, sensitive (someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead) "he consulted several mediums"
- S: (n) medium, mass medium ((usually plural) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public)
- S: (n) metier, medium (an occupation for which you are especially well suited) "in law he found his true metier"
- S: (adj) average, intermediate, medium (around the middle of a scale of evaluation) "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
- S: (adj) medium ((meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside)