Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mail (the bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service)
- S: (n) mail, mail service, postal service, post (the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office) "the mail handles billions of items every day"; "he works for the United States mail service"; "in England they call mail `the post'"
- S: (n) mail (a conveyance that transports the letters and packages that are conveyed by the postal system)
- S: (n) mail, post (any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered) "your mail is on the table"; "is there any post for me?"; "she was opening her post"
- S: (n) chain mail, ring mail, mail, chain armor, chain armour, ring armor, ring armour ((Middle Ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings)
- S: (v) mail, get off (send via the postal service) "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
- S: (v) mail, post, send (cause to be directed or transmitted to another place) "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"