Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) machine (any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks)
- S: (n) machine (an efficient person) "the boxer was a magnificent fighting machine"
- S: (n) machine (an intricate organization that accomplishes its goals efficiently) "the war machine"
- S: (n) machine, simple machine (a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point)
- S: (n) machine, political machine (a group that controls the activities of a political party) "he was endorsed by the Democratic machine"
- S: (n) car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar (a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine) "he needs a car to get to work"
- S: (v) machine (turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery)
- S: (v) machine (make by machinery) "The Americans were machining while others still hand-made cars"