Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) loosen, loose (make loose or looser) "loosen the tension on a rope"
- S: (v) relax, loosen (make less severe or strict) "The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
- S: (v) relax, loosen (become less severe or strict) "The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
- S: (v) tease, tease apart, loosen (disentangle and raise the fibers of) "tease wool"
- S: (v) untie, undo, loosen (cause to become loose) "undo the shoelace"; "untie the knot"; "loosen the necktie"
- S: (v) loosen (make less dense) "loosen the soil"
- S: (v) loosen, relax, loose (become loose or looser or less tight) "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"