Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cringle, eyelet, loop, grommet, grummet (fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines)
- S: (n) loop (anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself))
- S: (n) iteration, loop ((computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated) "the solution took hundreds of iterations"
- S: (n) loop (an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan)) "he's no longer in the loop"
- S: (n) loop (the basic pattern of the human fingerprint)
- S: (n) loop (a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied)
- S: (n) loop topology, loop (the topology of a network whose components are serially connected in such a way that the last component is connected to the first component)
- S: (n) loop (an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop)
- S: (n) closed circuit, loop (a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates)
- S: (n) loop, loop-the-loop (a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane)
- S: (v) loop (move in loops) "The bicycle looped around the tree"
- S: (v) loop, intertwine (make a loop in) "loop a rope"
- S: (v) loop (fly loops, perform a loop) "the stunt pilot looped his plane"
- S: (v) coil, loop, curl (wind around something in coils or loops)
- S: (v) loop (fasten or join with a loop) "He looped the watch through his belt"