Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) lighten, lighten up, buoy up (make more cheerful) "the conversation lightened me up a bit"
- S: (v) lighten (reduce the weight on; make lighter) "she lightened the load on the tired donkey"
- S: (v) lighten, lighten up, buoy up (become more cheerful) "after a glass of wine, he lightened up a bit"
- S: (v) brighten, lighten up, lighten (make more cheerful through the use of color) "The paint will brighten the room"
- S: (v) lighten, lighten up (become lighter) "The room lightened up"
- S: (v) relieve, lighten (alleviate or remove (pressure or stress) or make less oppressive) "relieve the pressure and the stress"; "lighten the burden of caring for her elderly parents"