Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) lie (be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position)
- S: (v) lie (be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position) "The sick man lay in bed all day"; "the books are lying on the shelf"
- S: (v) dwell, consist, lie, lie in (originate (in)) "The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
- S: (v) lie (be and remain in a particular state or condition) "lie dormant"
- S: (v) lie (tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive) "Don't lie to your parents"; "She lied when she told me she was only 29"
- S: (v) lie, rest (have a place in relation to something else) "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
- S: (v) lie down, lie (assume a reclining position) "lie down on the bed until you feel better"