Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) slowdown, lag, retardation (the act of slowing down or falling behind)
- S: (n) interim, meantime, meanwhile, lag (the time between one event, process, or period and another) "meanwhile the socialists are running the government"
- S: (n) stave, lag (one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket)
- S: (v) lag, dawdle, fall back, fall behind (hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.)
- S: (v) imprison, incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put away, remand (lock up or confine, in or as in a jail) "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
- S: (v) lag (throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins)
- S: (v) lag (cover with lagging to prevent heat loss) "lag pipes"