Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) iron, Fe, atomic number 26 (a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood)
- S: (n) iron (a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head)
- S: (n) iron, branding iron (implement used to brand live stock)
- S: (n) iron, smoothing iron (home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth)
- S: (v) iron, iron out, press (press and smooth with a heated iron) "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"