Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute (a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat)) "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
- S: (n) moment, minute, second, instant (a particular point in time) "the moment he arrived the party began"
- S: (adj) instantaneous, instant (occurring with no delay) "relief was instantaneous"; "instant gratification"
- S: (adj) instant, inst (in or of the present month) "your letter of the 10th inst"
- S: (adj) clamant, crying, exigent, insistent, instant (demanding attention) "clamant needs"; "a crying need"; "regarded literary questions as exigent and momentous"- H.L.Mencken; "insistent hunger"; "an instant need"