Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal (be a signal for or a symptom of) "These symptoms indicate a serious illness"; "Her behavior points to a severe neurosis"; "The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued"
- S: (v) indicate, point, designate, show (indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively) "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents"
- S: (v) indicate (to state or express briefly) "indicated his wishes in a letter"
- S: (v) argue, indicate (give evidence of) "The evidence argues for your claim"; "The results indicate the need for more work"
- S: (v) indicate (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine) "Tetracycline is indicated in such cases"