Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) addition, increase, gain (a quantity that is added) "there was an addition to property taxes this year"; "they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"
- S: (n) increase (a change resulting in an increase) "the increase is scheduled for next month"
- S: (n) increase, increment, growth (a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important) "the increase in unemployment"; "the growth of population"
- S: (n) increase, increment (the amount by which something increases) "they proposed an increase of 15 percent in the fare"
- S: (n) increase, step-up (the act of increasing something) "he gave me an increase in salary"
- S: (v) increase (become bigger or greater in amount) "The amount of work increased"
- S: (v) increase (make bigger or more) "The boss finally increased her salary"; "The university increased the number of students it admitted"