Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) inactive ((chemistry) not participating in a chemical reaction; chemically inert) "desired amounts of inactive chlorine"
- S: (adj) inactive ((pathology) not progressing or increasing; or progressing slowly)
- S: (adj) nonoperational, inactive ((military) not involved in military operations)
- S: (adj) inactive (not exerting influence or change)
- S: (adj) dormant, inactive ((of e.g. volcanos) not erupting and not extinct) "a dormant volcano"
- S: (adj) passive, inactive (lacking in energy or will) "Much benevolence of the passive order may be traced to a disinclination to inflict pain upon oneself"- George Meredith
- S: (adj) inactive (lacking activity; lying idle or unused) "an inactive mine"; "inactive accounts"; "inactive machinery"
- S: (adj) inactive (not engaged in full-time work) "inactive reserve"; "an inactive member"
- S: (adj) inactive (not active physically or mentally) "illness forced him to live an inactive life"; "dreamy and inactive by nature"
- S: (adj) inactive, motionless, static, still (not in physical motion) "the inertia of an object at rest"