Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) idea, thought (the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about) "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- S: (n) mind, idea (your intention; what you intend to do) "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- S: (n) idea (a personal view) "he has an idea that we don't like him"
- S: (n) estimate, estimation, approximation, idea (an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth) "an estimate of what it would cost"; "a rough idea how long it would take"
- S: (n) theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea ((music) melodic subject of a musical composition) "the theme is announced in the first measures"; "the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"