Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) hush (become quiet or still; fall silent) "hush my baby!"
- S: (v) hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up (cause to be quiet or not talk) "Please silence the children in the church!"
- S: (v) quieten, hush, quiet, quiesce, quiet down, pipe down (become quiet or quieter) "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
- S: (v) hush (wash by removing particles) "Wash ores"
- S: (v) hush (run water over the ground to erode (soil), revealing the underlying strata and valuable minerals)