Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hop (the act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot))
- S: (n) hop, hops (twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer)
- S: (n) hop, record hop (an informal dance where popular music is played)
- S: (v) hop, skip, hop-skip (jump lightly)
- S: (v) hop (move quickly from one place to another)
- S: (v) hop (travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.) "She hopped a train to Chicago"; "He hopped rides all over the country"
- S: (v) hop (traverse as if by a short airplane trip) "Hop the Pacific Ocean"
- S: (v) hop (jump across) "He hopped the bush"
- S: (v) hop (make a jump forward or upward)