Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hiss, hissing, hushing, fizzle, sibilation (a fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval)) "the performers could not be heard over the hissing of the audience"
- S: (n) boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird (a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt)
- S: (v) hiss, siss, sizz, sibilate (make a sharp hissing sound, as if to show disapproval)
- S: (v) hiss, whoosh (move with a whooshing sound)
- S: (v) hiss, sizz, siss, sibilate (express or utter with a hiss)
- S: (v) boo, hiss (show displeasure, as after a performance or speech)