Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) heel (the bottom of a shoe or boot; the back part of a shoe or boot that touches the ground and provides elevation)
- S: (n) heel (the back part of the human foot)
- S: (n) cad, bounder, blackguard, dog, hound, heel (someone who is morally reprehensible) "you dirty dog"
- S: (n) heel (one of the crusty ends of a loaf of bread)
- S: (n) heel (the lower end of a ship's mast)
- S: (n) heel ((golf) the part of the clubhead where it joins the shaft)
- S: (v) list, heel (tilt to one side) "The balloon heeled over"; "the wind made the vessel heel"; "The ship listed to starboard"
- S: (v) heel (follow at the heels of a person)
- S: (v) heel (perform with the heels) "heel that dance"
- S: (v) heel (strike with the heel of the club) "heel a golf ball"
- S: (v) heel, reheel (put a new heel on) "heel shoes"