Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) hear (perceive (sound) via the auditory sense)
- S: (v) learn, hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover, see (get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally) "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
- S: (v) hear, try (examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process) "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California"
- S: (v) hear (receive a communication from someone) "We heard nothing from our son for five years"
- S: (v) listen, hear, take heed (listen and pay attention) "Listen to your father"; "We must hear the expert before we make a decision"