Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) harsh, rough (unpleasantly stern) "wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"; "the nomad life is rough and hazardous"
- S: (adj) harsh (unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses) "the harsh cry of a blue jay"; "harsh cognac"; "the harsh white light makes you screw up your eyes"; "harsh irritating smoke filled the hallway"
- S: (adj) coarse, harsh (of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles) "coarse meal"; "coarse sand"; "a coarse weave"
- S: (adj) harsh, rough (unkind or cruel or uncivil) "had harsh words"; "a harsh and unlovable old tyrant"; "a rough answer"
- S: (adj) harsh (severe) "a harsh penalty"
- S: (adj) harsh, abrasive (sharply disagreeable; rigorous) "the harsh facts of court delays"; "an abrasive character"