Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hardness (the property of being rigid and resistant to pressure; not easily scratched; measured on Mohs scale)
- S: (n) hardness (a quality of water that contains dissolved mineral salts that prevent soap from lathering) "the costs of reducing hardness depend on the relative amounts of calcium and magnesium compounds that are present"
- S: (n) unfeelingness, callousness, callosity, hardness, insensibility (devoid of passion or feeling; hardheartedness)
- S: (n) hardness, ruggedness (the quality of being difficult to do) "he assigned a series of problems of increasing hardness"; "the ruggedness of his exams caused half the class to fail"
- S: (n) severity, severeness, harshness, rigor, rigour, rigorousness, rigourousness, inclemency, hardness, stiffness (excessive sternness) "severity of character"; "the harshness of his punishment was inhuman"; "the rigors of boot camp"