Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) halter, hackamore (rope or canvas headgear for a horse, with a rope for leading)
- S: (n) hangman's rope, hangman's halter, halter, hemp, hempen necktie (a rope that is used by a hangman to execute persons who have been condemned to death by hanging)
- S: (n) halter (a woman's top that fastens behind the back and neck leaving the back and arms uncovered)
- S: (n) halter, haltere, balancer (either of the rudimentary hind wings of dipterous insects; used for maintaining equilibrium during flight)
- S: (v) halter (hang with a halter)
- S: (v) hamper, halter, cramp, strangle (prevent the progress or free movement of) "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"