Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) one-half, half (one of two equal parts of a divisible whole) "half a loaf"; "half an hour"; "a century and one half"
- S: (n) half (one of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval)
- S: (adj) half (consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity) "a half chicken"; "lasted a half hour"
- S: (adj) half (partial) "gave me a half smile"; "he did only a half job"
- S: (adj) half ((of siblings) related through one parent only) "a half brother"; "half sister"
- S: (adv) half (partially or to the extent of a half) "he was half hidden by the bushes"