Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hair (a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures (as on the human head); helps to prevent heat loss) "he combed his hair"; "each hair consists of layers of dead keratinized cells"
- S: (n) hair's-breadth, hairsbreadth, hair, whisker (a very small distance or space) "they escaped by a hair's-breadth"; "they lost the election by a whisker"
- S: (n) hair, fuzz, tomentum (filamentous hairlike growth on a plant) "peach fuzz"
- S: (n) hair, pilus (any of the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal) "there is a hair in my soup"
- S: (n) haircloth, hair (cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments)
- S: (n) hair (a filamentous projection or process on an organism)