Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) gun (a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel))
- S: (n) artillery, heavy weapon, gun, ordnance (large but transportable armament)
- S: (n) gunman, gun (a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability))
- S: (n) gunman, gunslinger, hired gun, gun, gun for hire, triggerman, hit man, hitman, torpedo, shooter (a professional killer who uses a gun)
- S: (n) grease gun, gun (a hand-operated pump that resembles a pistol; forces grease into parts of a machine)
- S: (n) accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, gas, throttle, gun (a pedal that controls the throttle valve) "he stepped on the gas"
- S: (n) gun (the discharge of a firearm as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies) "two runners started before the gun"; "a twenty gun salute"
- S: (v) gun (shoot with a gun)