Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) gas, gaseous state (the state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by: relatively low density and viscosity; relatively great expansion and contraction with changes in pressure and temperature; the ability to diffuse readily; and the spontaneous tendency to become distributed uniformly throughout any container)
- S: (n) gas (a fluid in the gaseous state having neither independent shape nor volume and being able to expand indefinitely)
- S: (n) gasoline, gasolene, gas, petrol (a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines)
- S: (n) flatulence, flatulency, gas (a state of excessive gas in the alimentary canal)
- S: (n) accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, gas, throttle, gun (a pedal that controls the throttle valve) "he stepped on the gas"
- S: (n) natural gas, gas (a fossil fuel in the gaseous state; used for cooking and heating homes)