Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Fry, Roger Fry, Roger Eliot Fry (English painter and art critic (1866-1934))
- S: (n) Fry, Christopher Fry (English dramatist noted for his comic verse dramas (born 1907))
- S: (n) child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling (a young person of either sex) "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"
- S: (v) fry (be excessively hot) "If the children stay out on the beach for another hour, they'll be fried"
- S: (v) fry (cook on a hot surface using fat) "fry the pancakes"
- S: (v) electrocute, fry (kill by electrocution, as in the electric chair) "The serial killer was electrocuted"