Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) formula, expression (a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement)
- S: (n) recipe, formula (directions for making something)
- S: (n) formula (a conventionalized statement expressing some fundamental principle)
- S: (n) formula, chemical formula (a representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements)
- S: (n) convention, normal, pattern, rule, formula (something regarded as a normative example) "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- S: (n) formula (a liquid food for infants)
- S: (n) rule, formula ((mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems) "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"; "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"