Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) crack, fling, go, pass, whirl, offer (a usually brief attempt) "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
- S: (n) spree, fling (a brief indulgence of your impulses)
- S: (n) fling (the act of flinging)
- S: (v) fling (throw with force or recklessness) "fling the frisbee"
- S: (v) fling (move in an abrupt or headlong manner) "He flung himself onto the sofa"
- S: (v) splurge, fling (indulge oneself) "I splurged on a new TV"
- S: (v) discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away (throw or cast away) "Put away your worries"