Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) flat (a level tract of land) "the salt flats of Utah"
- S: (n) flat (a shallow box in which seedlings are started)
- S: (n) flat (a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named)
- S: (n) flatcar, flatbed, flat (freight car without permanent sides or roof)
- S: (n) flat, flat tire (a deflated pneumatic tire)
- S: (n) flat (scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting)
- S: (n) apartment, flat (a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house)
- S: (adj) flat, level, plane (having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another) "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
- S: (adj) flat (having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness) "flat computer monitors"
- S: (adj) categoric, categorical, flat, unconditional (not modified or restricted by reservations) "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal"
- S: (adj) flat, prostrate (stretched out and lying at full length along the ground) "found himself lying flat on the floor"
- S: (adj) flat (lacking contrast or shading between tones)
- S: (adj) flat ((of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone) "B flat"
- S: (adj) compressed, flat (flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes))
- S: (adj) bland, flat, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid (lacking taste or flavor or tang) "a bland diet"; "insipid hospital food"; "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"; "vapid beer"; "vapid tea"
- S: (adj) bland, flat (lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting) "a bland little drama"; "a flat joke"
- S: (adj) flat (having lost effervescence) "flat beer"; "a flat cola"
- S: (adj) flat, monotone, monotonic, monotonous (sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch) "the owl's faint monotonous hooting"
- S: (adj) flat (horizontally level) "a flat roof"
- S: (adj) two-dimensional, 2-dimensional, flat (lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth) "a film with two-dimensional characters"; "a flat two-dimensional painting"
- S: (adj) flat, mat, matt, matte, matted (not reflecting light; not glossy) "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
- S: (adj) flat (commercially inactive) "flat sales for the month"; "prices remained flat"; "a flat market"
- S: (adv) flat (with flat sails) "sail flat against the wind"
- S: (adv) directly, flat, straight (in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly) "he didn't answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"