Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) fish (any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills) "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
- S: (n) fish (the flesh of fish used as food) "in Japan most fish is eaten raw"; "after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat"; "they have a chef who specializes in fish"
- S: (n) Pisces, Fish ((astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces)
- S: (n) Pisces, Pisces the Fishes, Fish (the twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20)
- S: (v) fish, angle (seek indirectly) "fish for compliments"
- S: (v) fish (catch or try to catch fish or shellfish) "I like to go fishing on weekends"