Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) file, data file (a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together)
- S: (n) file, single file, Indian file (a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other)
- S: (n) file, file cabinet, filing cabinet (office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order)
- S: (n) file (a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal)
- S: (v) file, register (record in a public office or in a court of law) "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
- S: (v) file (smooth with a file) "file one's fingernails"
- S: (v) file (proceed in line) "The students filed into the classroom"
- S: (v) charge, lodge, file (file a formal charge against) "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- S: (v) file, file away (place in a container for keeping records) "File these bills, please"