Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) fat (a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides)) "pizza has too much fat"
- S: (n) adipose tissue, fat, fatty tissue (a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; it also cushions and insulates vital organs) "fatty tissue protected them from the severe cold"
- S: (n) fatness, fat, blubber, avoirdupois (excess bodily weight) "she disliked fatness in herself as well as in others"
- S: (adj) fat (having an (over)abundance of flesh) "he hadn't remembered how fat she was"
- S: (adj) fat (having a relatively large diameter) "a fat rope"
- S: (adj) fatty, fat (containing or composed of fat) "fatty food"; "fat tissue"
- S: (adj) fat, juicy (lucrative) "a juicy contract"; "a nice fat job"
- S: (adj) fat, fertile, productive, rich (marked by great fruitfulness) "fertile farmland"; "a fat land"; "a productive vineyard"; "rich soil"