Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) supernumerary, spear carrier, extra (a minor actor in crowd scenes)
- S: (n) extra (an additional edition of a newspaper (usually to report a crisis))
- S: (n) extra, duplicate (something additional of the same kind) "he always carried extras in case of an emergency"
- S: (adj) excess, extra, redundant, spare, supererogatory, superfluous, supernumerary, surplus (more than is needed, desired, or required) "trying to lose excess weight"; "found some extra change lying on the dresser"; "yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"; "skills made redundant by technological advance"; "sleeping in the spare room"; "supernumerary ornamentation"; "it was supererogatory of her to gloat"; "delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"; "extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"; "surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
- S: (adj) extra, special (added to a regular schedule) "a special holiday flight"; "put on special buses for the big game"
- S: (adj) extra, additional (further or added) "called for additional troops"; "need extra help"; "an extra pair of shoes"
- S: (adv) extra (unusually or exceptionally) "an extra fast car"