Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) exhaust, exhaust fumes, fumes (gases ejected from an engine as waste products)
- S: (n) exhaust, exhaust system (system consisting of the parts of an engine through which burned gases or steam are discharged)
- S: (v) exhaust, wash up, beat, tucker, tucker out (wear out completely) "This kind of work exhausts me"; "I'm beat"; "He was all washed up after the exam"
- S: (v) consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out (use up (resources or materials)) "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- S: (v) run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire (deplete) "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- S: (v) exhaust (use up the whole supply of) "We have exhausted the food supplies"
- S: (v) exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release (eliminate (a substance)) "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"