Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into (to come or go into) "the boat entered an area of shallow marshes"
- S: (v) enter, participate (become a participant; be involved in) "enter a race"; "enter an agreement"; "enter a drug treatment program"; "enter negotiations"
- S: (v) enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit (register formally as a participant or member) "The party recruited many new members"
- S: (v) figure, enter (be or play a part of or in) "Elections figure prominently in every government program"; "How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?"
- S: (v) record, enter, put down (make a record of; set down in permanent form)
- S: (v) enter (come on stage)
- S: (v) accede, enter (take on duties or office) "accede to the throne"
- S: (v) insert, infix, enter, introduce (put or introduce into something) "insert a picture into the text"
- S: (v) embark, enter (set out on (an enterprise or subject of study)) "she embarked upon a new career"