Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) endemic, endemic disease (a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location)
- S: (n) endemic (a plant that is native to a certain limited area) "it is an endemic found only this island"
- S: (adj) endemic, endemical (of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality) "diseases endemic to the tropics"; "endemic malaria"; "food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of the world"
- S: (adj) endemic (native to or confined to a certain region) "the islands have a number of interesting endemic species"
- S: (adj) autochthonal, autochthonic, autochthonous, endemic, indigenous (originating where it is found) "the autochthonal fauna of Australia includes the kangaroo"; "autochthonous rocks and people and folktales"; "endemic folkways"; "the Ainu are indigenous to the northernmost islands of Japan"