Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) embrace, embracing, embracement (the act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection))
- S: (n) embrace (the state of taking in or encircling) "an island in the embrace of the sea"
- S: (n) embrace, bosom (a close affectionate and protective acceptance) "his willing embrace of new ideas"; "in the bosom of the family"
- S: (v) embrace, encompass, comprehend, cover (include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory) "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group"
- S: (v) embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze (hold (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness) "Hug me, please"; "They embraced"; "He hugged her close to him"
- S: (v) espouse, embrace, adopt, sweep up (take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own) "She embraced Catholicism"; "They adopted the Jewish faith"