Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with (terminate, end, or take out) "Let's eliminate the course on Akkadian hieroglyphics"; "Socialism extinguished these archaic customs"; "eliminate my debts"
- S: (v) obviate, rid of, eliminate (do away with)
- S: (v) eliminate, annihilate, extinguish, eradicate, wipe out, decimate, carry off (kill in large numbers) "the plague wiped out an entire population"
- S: (v) rule out, eliminate, winnow out, reject (dismiss from consideration or a contest) "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
- S: (v) excrete, egest, eliminate, pass (eliminate from the body) "Pass a kidney stone"
- S: (v) eliminate (remove from a contest or race) "The cyclist has eliminated all the competitors in the race"
- S: (v) eliminate (remove (an unknown variable) from two or more equations)